Hands up if you’re a nut butter fiend!
On April 1st I got absolutely nailed by an April Fools post. The post was from Nakd Wholefoods who emailed to say they had turned their Cashew Cookie Bar into a spread. My chubby fingers couldn’t click fast enough, but I was left disappointed and hungry when I realised I’d been duped (great word).
In my hangry rage, I decided that enough was enough, so I made this spread a reality. It was so bloody good that I feel it’s my duty so share the recipe.
What do I need?
- 500g cashews
- 150g dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Sweet, now what?
- Roast the cashew nuts at 180 degrees for around 10 minutes, until they start to sweat.
- Pulse the cashews in a food processor for 10-15 minutes – be patient! You’ll need to stop every now and again to scrape the sides.
- Eventually they’ll get to a dough-like consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds and add to the cashews.
- Pulse for a further 5 minutes.
- Pit and chop your dates, and add them to your mixture once it reaches the consistency of a decent nut butter.
Store it in the fridge, and it tastes even better the following day!