Unless you’ve been sleeping under a rock (if you have, I’m not here to judge), the chances are you’ve heard of Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach.
Over 2 years ago, I interviewed Joe for my blog, and to this day, the post – Starting Out – is the most read page on my site. Back then I knew then he was destined for big things, but my pea-sized brain didn’t quite predict the scale of his success.
Recently I was at a literature festival in Dubai, and had the pleasure of bumping into Joe a few times across the week, and attended some of his talks – one of which was a packed out cinema with 200 people. No other authors at the event had audiences that large. Despite all the success so far, it’s fair to say that he is just a normal, down to earth guy – if normal is singing into midget trees (broccoli) or shouting your dinner off a balcony at the general public. Totally normal.
So, get this for success…
- His debut cookbook, Lean in 15, topped the charts for 8 weeks, selling over 500,000 copies. It’s now one of the top selling cookery books of all time. It was only knocked off the top by Mary Berry on Mother’s Day by a handful of books. (I was actually thinking about using that as the title of the blog post – Joe Wicks knocked off by Mary Berry’s handful – but thought better of it. The last thing I need is another court case).
- Lean in 15 The Shape Plan is scheduled for June this year, and further books are in the pipeline too.
- Lean in 15 due to be published in the US.
- Lean in 15 shortlisted for the British Book Industry Awards’ Book of the Year.
- Channel 4 have commissioned his own one-off TV show.
- Several appearances on mainstream UK TV shows.
- Instagram following of over 900,000 (party planned for when he reaches 1,000,000)
All in all, not a bad haul for the last 2 years. Especially when you compare it to my success in that time, which has basically been that I bought a new pair of trainers. They’re good trainers though, none of that Gola rubbish.
Thousands of people have used Joe’s 90 Day SSS Plan – including a few friends, and the transformations and testimonials are pretty insane. It’s one of those plans which is also a great way to learn shed-loads about nutrition too.
I’m sure at this point you’re all wondering if my blog Q&A was the springboard for Joe’s success….oh, you weren’t wondering that? Nah, me neither…! Well, this is awkward. Anywayyyy…
Here’s my original interview with Joe. If you’ve got questions about the 90 Day SSS Plan, or just want to know more, then it’s a great place to start. Also get following The Body Coach on social media – especially Snapchat and Instagram.